Rozšiřujeme náš tým
Hotel Antonie****/ Greek house Gallows hill Cemetery Lookout Tower Water tank Strmá Villa Glück Frýdlant Hospital Lookout alley National Castle Frýdlant Mechanical crèche Chapel of Finding St. Cross “Špitálek”
In the 13th century was “Right by sword” in hands of King’s nobility and even some of the feudal nobility.
Frýdlant region was until 1310 under the judgment authority of city Žitava with exception of Biberštejn’s villages around Zhořelec. Frýdlant’s authority was in 16th century even in surrounding 30 villages by the land of Frýdlant manor.
The oldest Frýdlant’s court book was based in year 1493 by Oldřich from Biberštejn. Cities were very proud of their judgment rights although there were difficulties and expenses tight with it. Money was spent on every execution and torturing during the process and also on founding the execution place, normally out of the city.
In Frýdlant it was next to the road where the cattle was driven to feed itself on the way to Višňovka, as we know from report in 1577.This place (about 200meters down today´s cemetery) was called Am Galden on the city map from the start of 20th.
You can take the sand foot-path through the forest park to the cemetery main gates from the Gallows hill.
Nebo volejte +420 725 836 003